[Qgis-user] TauDEM in SEXTANTE-QGIS (outside the U.S.)

Al Tongco al_tongco at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 06:55:08 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I have a
perplexing problem re TauDEM in SEXTANTE in QGIS 1.8.

I have been successful installing/running it - here in
the U.S.  I have it installed in
my
laptop and two desktops - all went well.

Then
last month I went to the Philippines to do a workshop on TauDEM
following religiously the same installation procedure.  We

tried again and again to get their Windows
computers (1 desktop and 9
laptops) to run TauDEM.  Not a single
computer ran TauDEM.  Not even on
command prompt.  TauDEM, however, ran
fine in the desktop with Ubuntu.

(Fortunately
I brought my laptop installed with the working setup.)
What
could be the reason?  Their computers have Windows 7.  My suspicion is
their version of Windows 7 ??

I'd appreciate your comments on this.
Thanks.

Al Tongco
36°07'26.46"N; 97°04'19.23"W

"The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can't find them, make them." -- George Bernard Shaw, Nobel Laureate in Literature 1925