[Qgis-user] Projects with too many rasters

Lester Anderson arctica1963 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 01:44:47 PDT 2013

Hello,

Found an odd problem, but if your project has a few vector layers and a
large number of rasters covering the same area, then it seems that after a
certain number, not sure how many, but the vector layers at the top of
everything no longer remain visible.

Put simply, if you have a coastline layer at the top, overlying everything,
and add more and more rasters, eventually it gets "buried" by the rasters.

I am using 1.8.0 and have seen this problem a number of times with the
layers - tried re-ordering and putting the vector layer to the front again,
but no joy. There does appear to be a bug with visibility if too many
coincident rasters are loaded. I basically have to create separate projects
for certain raster/vector structures now to get around this.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Cheers

Lester