[Qgis-user] Binary hillshad raster for sunpower plant

kajjo Darious kjjdarius at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 23:20:59 PDT 2013

Hullo QGIS family

I have data about pregnant mothers, those that delivered, pregnancy
outcomes and health facilities they went to and administrative boundaries
of villages. This data was collected using 2-stage sampling like selecting
a village from each subcounty and from villages 30 households were
interviewed. I want to develop catchment areas of these health facilities,
measure distances to these facilities and do hot-spot mapping of pregnancy
outcomes to see where are abortions most, miscarriages and live births.
Which methods and plugins can i use in QGIS?

On 25 June 2013 08:05, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:

> On 06/24/2013 06:30 AM, venerio giuseppe anardu wrote:
>
>> Hello to everybody,
>>
>> I have to prepair simulations for a sunpower plant in project,
>> considering the areas in shadow in the plant in certain sample days of the
>> year in the whole day. The use of the plugin Hillshade is very easy to
>> understand, but I cannot understand how to obtain a binary raster with
>> value 1 for pixels in shade (colored in black) and 0 for the others (to see
>> them transparent). I did it few years ago with ArcGIS the same task and it
>> was really simple to achieve the desired result, while the same result with
>> QGIS seems to me not so easy to do... Can anybody tell me how to do it?
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your help,
>>
>> Giuseppe Anardu
>>

> GRASS r.sun algorithm is intended for calculating solar radiation, I
> believe it includes topography based shading in it's formula.
>
> Enjoy,
> Alex

KAJJO DARIOUS
Iganga/Mayuge Demographic Surveillance Site
Equip - Improving Maternal and Newborn Health in Africa.
School of Public Health- College of Health Sciences
Makerere University
P.O.BOX 111 Iganga Uganda
Mob: +256774971952, 0700438568
kjjdarius at yahoo.co.uk, kjjdarius at gmail.com