[Qgis-user] use hour/minute/second kordianates like 50°58'40''N/7°44'43''O

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 00:50:19 PST 2013

This is what I would do:

1 - Put your data in a spreadsheet (like OO Calc)
2 - Transform DMS coordinates to decimal deegrees
(deegree+minutes/60+seconds/3600)
3 - Export as CSV
4 - Import in QGis using the "Comma Separated Value" plugin, which is
included by default in QGis. It will ask you the separator you used for the
CSV (e.g. tab, comma, etc.) and it will try to guess the lat/lon fields,
but if it will be wrong you can set them manually.
5 - In case QGis won't set the CRS correctly, you can do it from the Layer
Properties panel, and set it to WGS84 (I suppose it's the CRS of your
coordinates)

giovanni

2013/3/7 Bernd Laskowski <Bernd.Laskowski at reichshof.de>

>  Hi all,
>
> how can i input/import a table within hour/minute/second koordinates like
>
> Objekt            Standort
>     GPS-Daten
> Bank              Am Aggerberg
> 50°58'40''N/7°44'43''O
> Schutzhütte    Wandererparkplatz Silberkuhle, Hespert
> 50°57'43''N/7°44'47''O
> Schutzhütte    Silberkuhle
> 50°58'38''N/7°44'45''O
> Schützhütte    Einfahrt Hochbehälter Silberkuhlellmann
> 50°58'40''N/7°45'36''O
>
> usually i use the EPSG-Code 25832 (UTM, ETRS89, Zone 32)
>
> Regards
> Bernd

Giovanni Allegri
website: http://giovanniallegri.it