[Qgis-user] Error writing attribute data in 'Rectangles ovals digitizing' plugin

Jakob Lanstorp jlanstorp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 08:46:12 PDT 2013

Hi,

When I create a new record in a shape file by drawing a rectangle with the
plugin 'Rectangles ovals digitizing' and thereafter enter the data values in
the attribute popup table, the attribute values enters correctly in the new
record, but they also overwrite other records in the table, usually the
first record in the table.

Has anyone else experienced this odd and dangerous behavior?

It's very easy to test in QGIS:

1. Make a empty polygon shape file editable
2. Draw a rectangle with the plugin
3. Enter some data values
4. Repeat 2. and 3.

Now you have two rows with the same attribute data. Or at least I have :)

Cheers,
Jakob