[Qgis-user] Problems with data types in joined tables

Antonio Vico avicomartin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:15:28 PDT 2013

On 14/03/13 22:14, Goyo wrote:
> 2013/3/14 Antonio Vico <avicomartin at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>> Thanks for yur reply. I am not problem with sql and I think that someone
>> with knoweledge in sql can do the query. The question is be able to a user
>> without this knoweledge make easyly querys in the joined table.
> As far as I know the user can query a spatial view defined in the
> database or using one of the mentioned plugins as well as a table.
> Maybe I do not understand what you really want to do.
>
> Goyo

I try to join a layer with geometry type and another without and make
querys in the conjunt. For example, a layer with
states and a table with population. In the joined layer, I can query
about states with population > 5000 or population between 5000 and 10000.

If baviour of field population is like text, querys like "population >
5000" done wrong results.

Define a view done is valid for a unique query and I try to be able to
user without knoweledge in sql make querys easyli with Attribute table
in joined layers.