[Qgis-user] QGIS install fail on Ubuntu 12.04

Lee muellerl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 11:26:36 PDT 2013

Okay. I used:

*sudo apt-get --purge autoremove qgis*

It appeared to successfully remove a series of packages. Next I did:

*sudo apt-get install python-software-properties*

Seemed to work.

*sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable

Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options
--no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.mZECgujMeJ
--trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg
--primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver
hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80/ --recv
6B827C12C2D425E227EDCA75089EBE08314DF160
gpg: requesting key 314DF160 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: key 314DF160: "Launchpad ubuntugis-stable" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1*

Okay. Looking good.

*sudo apt-get update*

Received the following error:
*
E: Type 'eb' is not known on line 2 in source list
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntugis-ubuntugis-unstable-precise.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.*

Okay. Easy fixed. Went into the file stated and added the "d" to the
"eb" so it read "deb". Tried update again. No errors generated.
*
 sudo apt-get install qgis*

Everything appeared to work. So...
*
qgis
Warning: loading of qgis translation failed [/usr/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_US]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed
[/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]*

QGIS launches, but I still don't have the capability to fetch plugins.
This is the error I was getting originally. So at the very least, QGIS
works again, but we haven't fixed my original problem. Other thoughts?

--
All the best,
Lee