[Qgis-user] PostGIS Raster issue (very large number of tiles)

Matej Mailing mailing at tam.si
Mon Mar 25 10:41:33 PDT 2013

Hi,

we have a large number of small TIF files with appropriate TFW's and I have
loaded them into the PG table. It currently has around 100000 rows and when
trying to add the layer in QGIS it stalls for about 10 seconds and then
pops up a dialog saying "Could not load PG.....".

What are your suggestions on what would be the best thing to do? The data
we got is something we have to live with and having thousands of raster
layers if added as files seems to be even more unappropriate. Can we
somehow create larger tiles of those in the table?

Any ideas are very welcome.

Regards,
Matej