[Qgis-user] Georeferencer Error

Lee muellerl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 19:56:10 PDT 2013

(Note: this is on a different machine from the one referenced last week.
This is a laptop running Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit.)

I'm getting an error when using the georeferencer. I can load the plugin,
and add an image. When I click my first point, I am offered the option to
go to map canvas. I choose the option, and click the appropriate location
on the map window. Unfortunately the georeferencer does not seem to hold
the located point. It simply does nothing.

To check the errors, I loaded QGIS in the terminal. On load, I received the
following errors:

*Warning: loading of qgis translation failed
[/usr/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_US]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed
[/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
*
On load of the georeferencer, I received the following error:

*Warning: Object::connect: No such signal
QgsGCPListWidget::replaceDataPoint( QgsGeorefDataPoint*, int )*

No specific errors were generated upon attempting to use the georeferencer
plugin. A search of google provides some seemingly unrelated and dated
problems. Specifically the lack of QGIS packaged for Precise, which appears
to have since been corrected.

Please advise,

--
All the best,