[Qgis-user] GRASS not accessible in latest debian-nightly

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed May 1 01:41:43 PDT 2013

Hi there,

with todays update, the GRASS plugin is now able to be activated without
an error and the toolbox works from within QGIS.

Still, GRASS launched from terminal throws errors and doesn't start up.

Cleaning up temporary files ...
Starting GRASS ...
access: No such file or directory
FEHLER: LOCATION << /tmp/sextante/grassdata/temp_location >> ist nicht
         vorhanden.
python: can't open file '/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py': [Errno
2] No such file or directory
Received EXIT message from GUI.
GRASS is not started. Bye.

When i now just for fun add the missing folders grassdata/temp_location,
the error for this is gone, but:

Cleaning up temporary files ...
Starting GRASS ...
FEHLER: MAPSET PERMANENT nicht gefunden.
python: can't open file '/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py': [Errno
2] No such file or directory
Received EXIT message from GUI.
GRASS is not started. Bye.

When I add a PERMANENT-folder to this path, this error is gone as well,
but there is still the missing /usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py

In that folder, there is only a gis_set.tcl !

I did not make anything unusual, just installed qgis from the repo.
Any hints?

--
Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374