[Qgis-user] RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v10.0 to v10.1 but the qgis.core module requires API v9.2

Donald Harter harterc2 at att.net
Sat Nov 2 03:24:58 PDT 2013

I am getting error messages like this when I first start qgis.  I have
tried installing different versions of programs, but with no luck.  It
seems that I get a different message where the situation is reversed,
the other one has a higher number API.  So I am wondering which package
versions I should install for my suse system so that they are compatible.

Here is what I have available to choose from.

qgis 1.8.0-10.15
qgis master 131015-1.4 installed
qgis master 131015-1.6
qgis2 2.0.1-2.13