[Qgis-user] temporary files folder for processing

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 01:49:48 PST 2013

The Processing section in the manual is your friend:

"If you do not enter any filename, the result will be saved as a
temporary file and in the corresponding default file format, and will
be deleted once you exit QGIS (take care with that in case you save
your project and it contains temporary layers).

You can set a default folder for output data objects. Go to the
configuration dialog (you can open it from the Processing menu), and
in the General group you will find a parameter named Output folder.
This output folder is used as the default path in case you type just a
filename with no path (i.e. myfile.shp) when executing an algorithm."