[Qgis-user] Matplotlib needs Pyparsing (impossible to install Semi-automatic classification plugin)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Nov 7 09:25:29 PST 2013

On Nov 7, 2013, at 10:27 AM, Jesus Munoz Serrano wrote:

> Thanks a lot, William.
>
> I could install pyparsing following your advice. However, when I try to install the semi-automatic classification plugin it tells me:
>
> 	The plugin depends on some components missing in your system. You need to install the following python module in order 	 to enable it:
> 		ProcessingUtils
>

> Should I install it with sudo /usr/bin/easy_install ProcessingUtils?

ProcessingUtils is part of the Processing plugin and is handled by QGIS.  If you updated your Processing plugin, it looks like ProcessingUtils was removed, so the semi-automatic classification plugin must be updated to support the new Processing plugin.

> Additionally, I checked my Library folder under my home directory and I found 2 things:
>
> 	- there is no Python folder (It only uses extra python modules from /Library/Python/2.x/site-packages)

Not python in your home folder, that's /Library/Python on the root of your HD.

> 	- I have a folder called Enthought where I can find Canopy_64bit (even if I removed from my applications folder). Should I delete this folder?

Probably.  You should ask the Canopy developers to make sure about uninstalling steps.