[Qgis-user] editing shapefile attributes

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Sun Nov 10 02:21:31 PST 2013

> On 10 Nov 2013, at 17:50, Zoltan Szecsei <zoltans at geograph.co.za> wrote:

[snip]

> I am currently selecting the point, opening the attribute table, scrolling down until I see the hilighted row, editing the fields, then closing the attribute table and deselecting the feature.

Absolutely.

There's at least two.

1. With the layer editable, use the identify tool to pick the item.
In the "Actions" part is "Edit Feature Form".
Click on this and you get a form similar to the one when your creating an object.

2. Select the object (or objects) that need changing.
Open the Attribute Table.
In the bottom Left corner is a drop down box, which says "Show All Features"
Choose "Show selected features"
Make your changes.
(Maybe good to save...)

*Leave the Attribute Table open*