[Qgis-user] Joining with Multiple Locations per Person

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Mon Nov 18 05:02:36 PST 2013

Person A is linked to New York City, Person B is linked to New York City,
therefore Person A is linked to Person B.

Yes, however Person A and B also have 50 other locations that need to be
checked against each other. The data might say NY, NYC, or NY City or New
York, NY and other variations, geocoding allows for the different ways a
locations is represented I do not want to rely on how others spell their
locations and I need to share them on a map.

Isn't that relatively easy to fix by creating a new field, and assigning the
correct attribute by location, namely nyc or whatever name you choose?

Wouldn't that make things much easier

Jake