[Qgis-user] Buffer segments to approximate

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 19 08:07:48 PST 2013

Hi,

Buffers for points are round. There are also round corners for
line/polygon buffers, depending on the linecap styles and line join
styles. QGIS and simple features can only display straight lines. The
number of the segements to approximate means the higher the number, the
more vertices you will have for a circle approximation.

See also http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/ST_Buffer.html as an
explanation for buffer styles and segments.

Andreas