[Qgis-user] Qgis working or dead?

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 02:15:20 PST 2013

> Is there any way to see what is the situation? (the bar showing percentage
> is also frozen, so that is not a solution)

Executing processes on a separate thread gave a more responsive UI,
but we were experiencing a lot of issues with that, so it has been
disabled until we find time to rewrite that

> Could Qgis perhaps have some general status field showing wether it is dead
> or alive?

QGIS will not know if it is dead, just a like a dead person doesn't
know he is dead. If it is dead....well, it's dead :-)