[Qgis-user] including images in (database) attributes

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff niklaas at kulturflatrate.net
Mon Nov 25 12:16:39 PST 2013

Hi,

is there a way to include images (png, jpeg, ...) into a QGIS project
file and link to an entity? I'd need this feature to link builing
surveys to buildings. In the next step, they should also be visible via
qgis-web-client*.

    * I hope, this is the right mailinglist for questions about the web
    client. I'd guess it's an official project by QGIS?!

If there's no possibility to do that, I'd maybe try to implement it
myself. I don't know whether it's possible for me to do this in QGIS
core but I guess I could work it out to put a link into a field called
e.g. "img" and let the web client not only show the link but the actual
image.

Are there any hints about the first part of my question? Maybe also
about the second one? If this feature is not implemented yet, any hints
according to where to start coding are very appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Niklaas

P.S.: Because I'm working for a research project
(http://assip.project.tuwien.ac.at) I get some money for maybe coding
this feature. ;-) So, the existing initiative from my side is quite
serious. :-)

--
Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff
niklaas at kulturflatrate.net