[Qgis-user] Corrupted Files

Pete Cimbolic cimbolic at aclu-md.org
Tue Nov 26 11:28:23 PST 2013

I am running QGIS 1.8 and 2.0 on Parallels on a Mac. I am starting to have a problem when I go to open previous projects. The error says:

Project file read error: error occurred while parsing element at line 1891 column 27 for file C:/Documents ....

It does not happen all the time, and luckily, I have good back-up of most files, so I can go back to a previously stored version. However, I lose a lot of work when I have to do this. has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions?

Pete Cimbolic
cimbolic at aclu-md.org