[Qgis-user] Counting the sum of points in a polygon

Steven Campbell s.campbell at poole.gov.uk
Wed Nov 27 03:13:14 PST 2013

Hi all

Can anyone tell me how it is possible to count up the total number of points, or sum up a value against each point within a boundary?

For example I have seven points, in a polygon, each point has an attribute of differing numbers and I want to assign the sum value of this attribute against the polygon.

I can't see anything instantly within the formula box that can help me do this.. or I might just be completely overlooking it!

Thanks

Steve