[Qgis-user] QGIS - Georeferencer PDF Report RMSE Values

Wesley Roberts jwesroberts at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 01:54:37 PST 2013

Dear Qgis users,

I have used the Georeferencer plugin in QGIS to undertake some image to
image matching on a set of Landsat Images. I am using the output as part of
a report and need some information about how the RMSE values are created
and what they refer to. My Landsat imagery is in UTM 35S projection WGS84.
The total RMSE values returned range from 0.04 to around 0.2. My question
is as follows

Where are the RMSE values measured from top-left, bottom-right, across the
diagonal of the pixel? I cant seem to find any explanation of where these
values are calculated from.

Many thanks,
Wesley

--