[Qgis-user] creating contours with QGIS 2.0

Eyal Saiet ejsaiet at alaska.edu
Sat Nov 30 20:02:55 PST 2013

Hello,
I was able to create contour lines from a CSV file using QGIS 1.7, bust
since I moved to 2.0 I am failing to acquire the skills I had with the
earlier version.
The topo data is a CSV, here is a sample:
Depth_cm,UTM_East,UTM_North
55.27,405472.81,7613300.3
60.38,405474.03,7613300.3
63.63,405476.06,7613300.2
62.8,405478.1,7613300.1
58.47,405479.72,7613300
63.99,405480.94,7613300
65.28,405483.38,7613299.9
66.06,405485.01,7613299.8
64.82,405486.23,7613299.8
57.9,405488.67,7613299.7

I am now trying to follow the documentation to create a contour line
in link<http://www.qgis.org/en/docs/user_manual/grass_integration/grass_integration.html?highlight=contour>.

At "In the list of tool categories double click
*Raster ‣ Surface Management ‣ Generate vector contour lines"...*
*I found "RASTER" at the top of the screen to the right of "Vector" and
left to  "Database" But there is no"*

*Surface Management" and therefore I am at a dead-end trying to follow the
above instructions.*
*Anotehr option after uploading the csv file was to go to
*Raster-->Extraction-->Contour.
This failed as well. By going through the path to the left I am prompt for
a file input and it does not take loaded csv layer.

Really need your help
--
Eyal Saiet
University of Alaska Fairbanks