[Qgis-user] How to set lat/long boundaries for a map

Joe Lertola joe at joelertola.com
Tue Oct 1 05:53:42 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am very new to Qgis so I apologize if this is information I should have gotten from the documentation. But I have been looking for a while and have not found the answer.

I downloaded a couple of tiles of elevation data from http://nationalmap.gov/viewer.html. I am able to bring them into Qgis and display them on screen. What I want to do is crop the map to specific lat/long boundaries and export it as an image file. So far it seems like what you see on screen is what you get when you export the map. I have not found a way so set specific boundaries. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks for any help.

-Joe