[Qgis-user] PyQGIS book in the works? Easier to understand online API Documentation?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Oct 11 14:00:13 PDT 2013

I know Gary has plans: http://pyqgis.com/book/availability/

> Python Scripting for ArcGIS by ..
> Programming ArcGIS 10.1 with Python ..

You are not being paid by them or esri are you ;-)

> friendly. Looks like it is written for someone who knows C++. See
> http://qgis.org/api/classQgisInterface.html. What in world are Public

You are actually pointing to cpp API interface. Currently we do not have
separate api docs for python.
I know Victor has been busy updating the Python cookbook:
http://www.qgis.org/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/index.html
That should be more informative for beginners?

BUT I also have to point you to the fact that QGIS is a
community/volunteer driven project, always in need for people wanting to
make the use of QGIS a better experience. Indeed most of us have a
programming background, so please join the community as a documentation
writer (OR pay some experienced doc writers to do it) :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde