[Qgis-user] Saving layers

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 11:29:08 PDT 2013

Jonathan -

Sorry for the noise in my previous posting. I didn't see the post
explaining it was a Oracle  based layer. I don't use Oracle, but the
following works for postgres in QGIS 2.0:

  * Style the layer
  * Push the Layer properties -> Style -> Save Style button. It will
    show a drop-down list with 3 choices: "QGIS Layer style file",  "SLD
    file", "Save style in database (Postgres)". Choose "Save style in
    database (Postgres)"

I don't know if the "Save style in database..." option exists for
Oracle. It doesn't exist for MS-SQLServer.  Make a feature request if it
doesn't. It can't be a major exercise to  convert the postgres specific
code to oracle specific code for this function.

As a last resort you can make a "standard" project file. When the users
want add a Oracle layer they can use this project file from the "Layer"
-> "Embed layers and groups", choose the project file you created, and
choose the oracle layer from this "standard" project to embed into their
own project.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS