[Qgis-user] Can't Add Oracle Spatial Vector Layer with QGIS 2.0 on Mac OSx

chris marx chrismarx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 14:15:01 PDT 2013

I installed version 2.0 using the recommended mac installer (
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis), and the installation went fine,
but there is no option to add an oracle spatial layer(not in the layer
dropdown, or the sidebar buttons). I assume this has to do with gdal
configuration, but I'm not sure how to fix that. I have the oracle instant
client installed, and I can connect to oracle with sqlplus. Has anyone been
able to get the new support for oracle to work on a Mac (Lion)?
Thanks,
Chris-

PS - stackexchange link -
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/74842/add-oracle-spatial-vector-layer-with-qgis-2-0-on-mac-osx