[Qgis-user] Problem with WMS 1.1.1 data providers in QGIS 2.0.1

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Oct 22 06:19:39 PDT 2013

Hi Andreas,

Am 22.10.2013 14:44, schrieb Andreas Neumann:
> Hi all,
>
> I think the dpi parameter is a useful extension and should be added by
> the QGIS client (given that the dpi are really correctly detected).

Correct, therefore QGIS adds this parameter in different flavours for
the most common WMS servers (I assume because this parameter is not
defined in the WMS standard as has already been pointed out in this thread).

> If a WMS server chokes on additional paramters it is not very well
> designed. They can just ignore these extra parameters if they do not
> know how to deal with it.

My problem is not that geoserver chokes on the additional parameters but
that for _some_ layers the geoserver-specific parameter
"format_options=dpi:96" makes it throw an error.
I know that these layers are poorly configured but cannot do anything
against it (because other software depends on them). My users currently
cannot access these layers. Miguel Ángel Castro (who started this
thread) described that he cannot access layers from
http://idecan2.grafcan.es/ServicioWMS/EspNat

Therefore I opt for a configuration option to switch off the dpi
parameter because public servers may be misconfigured and still people
want to display their layers in QGIS.

Bernhard