[Qgis-user] Can't Add Oracle Spatial Vector Layer with QGIS 2.0 on Mac OSx

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Oct 22 17:00:02 PDT 2013

Now I remember another reason(s) why I stopped supporting Oracle (in GDAL)...

Attitude - registration I can deal with, but requiring full business contact info is too much.

They STILL don't know how to name OS X libraries.  As is, cmake will not find them.  Neither will standard configure scripts (ie GDAL).  This means renaming the libraries (and fixing the internal linking) and organizing the libraries and headers to build for them.  But while end-users could do the same library renaming without much fuss, the internal link fixing requires a tool from Xcode, which defeats the point of installing prebuilt binaries.

I don't really want to deal with this. :(