[Qgis-user] Centroid error

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Sep 2 11:39:31 PDT 2013

Hi Paddy,

i doubt that you can set a "tolerance" somewhere.
As a general hint: use functions provided by SEXTANTE-plugin/Processing.
Most of the time, they perform much better than the standard ftools
functions, and you don't litter your project with tons of test-files as
the output is always only temporary.
For centroids, there is a function in SAGA for this.

Besides that, with 17.000 polygons,it's quite likely that there are some
topology errors. Maybe thats also a possible reason for malfunctions (just
guessing).

Greetz
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374