[Qgis-user] new user

Mike Shand Mike.Shand at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Sep 12 06:47:03 PDT 2013

Albin,

You are correct that SVG does cause some problems and often generates an
error message which I usually ignore when exporting a file.
A Pdf does work in Illustrator but I have had better success with SVG,
especially if you wish to edit any map features or separate them into
layers.
Of course QGIS purists would say why not do everything in QGIS, the
reality is that many cartographers (for the moment) prefer to finalise
their maps in a graphics package such as Adobe Illustrator.  Exporting
from ArcGIS to Adobe Illustrator (and retaining layers) is also a common
route used by cartographers.

Mike