[Qgis-user] language settings

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Sep 17 14:58:44 PDT 2013

On 18-09-13 00:25, Johan Nilsson wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm using Ubuntu 12.04LTS and Qgis 1.8. By any reason Qgis are in
> Swedish, or about 30% or something. In Ubuntu I have English for menu
> and almost all other application, except Qgis. I have under keyboard
> layout and date and number choosen Swedish. I what to use English
> version of qgis, because the terminology are more easy, and also that
> the translation are quite bad and also incorrect in some parts.
>
> Any one how know how I can change Qgis to English?

Johan,

in 1.8 go to Settings/Options and then the last tab Locale. There click
'Override system locale' and choose US English.

Another option (to quickly switch eg for a one time switch): start qgis
from commandline with:

qgis --lang ja  (if you want to see japanese for a change :-) )
do
qgis --lang en
for english

Regards,