[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.0.1 does not start on 32-bit Vista

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Sep 24 01:00:38 PDT 2013

http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/win32/QGIS-OSGeo4W-2.0.1-Setup-x86.exe
> Installation itself seems to be successful but when I launch the program
after rebooting the computer the
> process stops and minidump is created. Splash screen is telling by then
something about plugins. The
> minidump is available from
http://latuviitta.org/downloads/qgis-20130924-001835-5128-5300-exported.dmp

It dumps for me also on 32-bit XP but at a considerably later phase. The UI
is created and QGIS shows the introductory hints before dying.

I have been using QGIS 1.9 (QGIS-dev from OSGeo4W installer) successfully on
both these computers. Any advice where I could try to find the reason for
the failure?

-Jukka Rahkonen-