[Qgis-user] Atlas feature filtering

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Fri Sep 27 01:37:06 PDT 2013

Hello,

Le lundi 23 septembre 2013 10:04:24, dmac707 a écrit :
[...]
> That said, I do think there is a feature missing that I would like to see
> in the next update. I would like to be able to filter the composer layer
> so that ONLY one feature per map. Essentially, masking all the features
> that Atlas generator is NOT focusing on as it iterates through a number of
> map features. This would come in handy when you have a cluster of data.
>
> This is the same as/similar to the page definition feature found in ArcGIS.
>
> I seek your forgiveness in advance if this feature exists already and I an
> being ignorant or I am posting this in the wrong place.

There is a feature filter option for Atlas, but it is a general filter, so you
cannot display only the current feature.

There already is a demand to mask all map but the current feature content.
This is not trivial to implement with current code.

See discussion here :
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3253
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.qgis.user/19947

This will probably be implemented at some point when someone funds it.

What you would like is easier to implement I think.
Could you file a feature request at http://hub.qgis.org/issues ?

The best way to get that feature implemented would be of course to directly
fund it.

Vincent