[Qgis-user] How do a correct GetFeatureInfo request

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 00:37:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

we are having some troubles with qgis-server when send a GetFeatureInfo from our
framework webgis (Tolomeo webgis framework).

QGIS-Server is returning a
"Service not specified. The SERVICE parameter is mandatory"
error.

After some test, we perhaps find the issue:

So understand better so I need to hve an information on qgis-server.

When do a POST GetFeatureInfo request,

the parameter SERVICE should be set on the querystring or in a post parameter ?
;)

Infact seem the issue is that the SERVICE parameter is effectively
present but perhaps is not where qgis-server would have it .

Our framework is usually working with mapserver and geoserver and its
settings for parameter GetFeatureInfo work surely with them both.

Now we try tounderstand where the SERVICE paramete is wanted by
qgis-server when the client do a post request.

Any hint is welcome.

Thx,

Andrea.