[Qgis-user] QGIS with ORACLE view bad performance

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Aug 5 01:55:42 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have a project with ORACLE data in QGIS 2.4.

When I load the geometries from a table which has a spatial index, the
data display is fast and query information is displayed at once.

When I create a view (add an entry to SDO_GEOM_METADATA) and add the
view to QGIS it is very slow and query information is slow too.

It looks like the spatial index from the table is not used.

Do you have an idea what I can do to get better performance?

Thanks for your helf.

Best regards Astrid