[Qgis-user] OpenLayers available in 2.4?

Pedro pedro.ferro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 04:31:41 PDT 2014

Pedro wrote
> From what I remember it was "accurate enough", for my needs at least.
>
> Now, with this version of openlayers (I have v. 1.3.3) I can't get any
> maps from google, bing, osm closer than 1:1150.
>

> The openlayers should be, by far, the most used plugin in QGIS, and this
> represents a significant setback in the quality of cartographic
> information available.
>
> Probably have been the suppliers of maps to place this restriction but it
> is a pity that this particular function is worse than in previous
> versions.

Something that is quiet strange is even with data from the open source
project Open Street Map we can't get maps closer than 1:1150.

So I have to suppose that the problem isn't related with some restrictions
from the data providers but is a limitation of the OpenLayers plugin that
wasn't there in the previous versions...