[Qgis-user] QGIS from External drive ?

Falk Huettmann fhuettmann at alaska.edu
Wed Aug 6 11:23:00 PDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

I have a quick question (I was not able to achieve the below despite
trying):

Could I run QGIS from an external drive (like a plug-in drive) ?

I would need that instead of a regular c:drive installation on a PC.

How is that done ?

And if that is not possible, what would be the alternatives ?

(we face the situation that in a lab the PCs are not allowed to download
and install anything etc etc.

I know that OpenOffice can run from a USB stick fine, and I was told that
QGIS can do similar, yes ?)

Thanks so much for any feedback.

Kind regards

   F.

Falk Huettmann PhD, Associate Professor

-EWHALE lab- Biology and Wildlife Dept., Institute of Arctic Biology

419 IRVING I, University of Alaska Fairbanks AK 99775-7000 USA

Email fhuettmann at alaska.edu  Phone 907 474 7882 Fax 907 474 6716