[Qgis-user] Tranferring data

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 13:56:12 PDT 2014

Hi Marilena,

In my experience it seems that if the source data (i.e., original
shapefiles and such) are kept in the same folder location relative to the
.qgs file, the .qgs files should open fine. If you can't do that for some
reason, I don't know what to do, but that might be useful to learn. THis
plugin may be useful, but I've never tried it:
http://giswiki.hsr.ch/QGIS_All-in-one_Project_Plugin

I would definitely suggest testing whatever you plan to do on a few
datasets to make sure it works before going through the trouble for your
whole computer.

Hope that helps,
mike