[Qgis-user] Volunteering To Aid Ebola Outreach

James Wood jwood911 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 05:51:43 PDT 2014

This is not directly related to QGIS, but thought it was important enough to post. I'll ask for forgiveness later. Most if not all of you are familiar with OSM, and many of you, I'm sure, are contributors, so you may already be aware of the this effort. If you have never contributed; thought about it and just never found the time; or haven't logged in for a while, I would encourage you to read the Red Cross article and visit the open tasks page. This is a worthwhile effort to participate in, and each of us have the necessary skills to rapidly create the data that is needed. I spent some time just a few hours ago digitizing huts and pathways in rural Sierra Leone. It's easy and free to get involved to contribute mapping support for a good cause.

Red Cross Article

OSM Task Page

Thanks for taking the time to read,
James