[Qgis-user] Quantum GIS, geoprocessing tools broken

Alexis Jorgensen alexis.jorgensen at geoterra.net
Mon Aug 11 13:58:25 PDT 2014

Hello, I am having trouble with quantum GIS on my computer.

-More specifically, it will no longer produce new shapefiles using the
union geoprocessing tool. I can set it up, but when I press go the path
name to the output shapefile vanishes and no shapefile is created. I
don't know whether any other tool is effected, but I would not be
surprised. No error message shows, the tool simply doesn't work
-In addition, the program has been running very slowly recently
-My operating system is windows 8
-I did not install the software, so I am not sure how it was done
-The problem occurred during regular use of the program, and has
persisted for multiple days

Thank you for your time,