[Qgis-user] Quantum GIS, geoprocessing tools broken

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Aug 11 23:39:05 PDT 2014

On 11-08-14 22:58, Alexis Jorgensen wrote:
> Hello, I am having trouble with quantum GIS on my computer.
>
> -More specifically, it will no longer produce new shapefiles using the
> union geoprocessing tool. I can set it up, but when I press go the path
> name to the output shapefile vanishes and no shapefile is created. I
> don't know whether any other tool is effected, but I would not be
> surprised. No error message shows, the tool simply doesn't work
> -In addition, the program has been running very slowly recently
> -My operating system is windows 8
> -I did not install the software, so I am not sure how it was done
> -The problem occurred during regular use of the program, and has
> persisted for multiple days

Hi Alexis,

as this is not a new install, it smells to me that one of your installed
plugins is playing up. In history we have had this problem with certain
plugins, they are all fixed, but maybe a new problematic one popped up,
or you have a still affected version installed.

You can try to disable or remove ALL plugins, and check if the problem
still occurs (the slowing down I'm thinking of most).
IF all is ok then, you can enable plugins one by one to find out the
offending one (and please report back to here or the plugin manager
about it :-) ).

HTH, Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde