[Qgis-user] QGIS does not draw line layout correctly

Georges Gouskov gouskova at bluewin.ch
Mon Aug 18 12:37:28 PDT 2014

hi all

I’ve got a question, which I couldn’t solve in many hours.
QGIS-Version: 2.4.0
Operating System: Windows 8.1

My base is a vector layer with many lines (here rivers).

I have to show those rivers in a defined way. Every 10 Meters a small line, every 50 meters a medium line and every 100 meters a big line. I was able to do this with marker.

In the first moment it looked good:

The numbers are a point layer made with qchainage. It shows a point + distance up to there.
As long as i have the starting point of a line on the screen it is drawn correctly,  what can be seen in the picture when the points of the pointlayer are directly over  a big line. Unfortunately, this is not the case when the beginning of the line(river) isn’t on the screen. Then the big lines are just somewhere but not over the points and therefore not correct.
If i move the map a bit, it redraws the lines. Unfortunately still not in a correct way as you can see here: (Compare the numbers 3700-3800 and the big lines in the picture.)

I’m looking for hours now, but i cannot find a solution to this problem. Why does qgis only draw a line correctly when you can see the beginning of it on the screen?

grettings Boris