[Qgis-user] polygon centroids

Leo Kris Palao lk.palao at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 02:29:14 PDT 2014

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply. In my understanding, this only applies if I have
point coordinates, right? If I have polygons I think I need another syntax?

I can create centroids in Vector > Geometry > Polygon Centroids tool then
apply $x and $y to extract lat lon coordinates, but in some cases I want to
skip this process if I am dealing with more than 300 thousand features in
my polygon layer.

Thanks,
-Leo