[Qgis-user] openstreetmap problem

Innisfree McKinnon innisfree.mckinnon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 11:03:13 PDT 2014

Hello all,
I'm a QGIS newbie. I'm working on a project involving making a map of the
Croix-Rousse in Lyon France. I need the street grid and a few landmarks
such has churches, parks, and plazas. I'm having frequent shutdowns when
working with the openstreetmap layers within QGIS.

I just downloaded the openstreetmap data by going to Vector, OpenStreetMap,
Download Data...I probably left all the settings on default. I'm basically
trying to select the items I need for my map and creating new (simplified)
layers. My project shuts down frequently, sometimes in the middle of a
selection process, sometimes just when looking at the data.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

thanks,
Innisfree