[Qgis-user] Help with Ordnance Survey SLD's for OS Mastermap

David James david at djames.org.uk
Sun Aug 31 14:53:40 PDT 2014

I'm very much a beginner with QGIS and I'm trying to run long before I
can crawl ...

I'm trying to use the Ordnance Survey MasterMap Topography layer SLD's
(from
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/docs/styled-layer-descriptors/topography-sld.zip)
to style the sample OS MasterMap data.

Initially, I found that when I loaded the SLD file into QGIS, only the
first rule was being picked up, but eventually I found tjmgis's answer
in
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/69854/styling-os-vectormap-local-in-qgis
(that all the <FeatureTypeStyle> and </FeatureTypeStyle> except the
first and the last in the SLD files need removing) and now I'm making
progress.

I'm struggling with one problem: there's a rule called
<Name>Vegetation (pattern) - 1:35 to 1:3,496</Name>
which specifies the SVG file as
xlink:href="osmmsymbols/${os_cat}.svg"/>

QGIS is showing me question marks in these areas (which I think means it
is not finding the SVG file).

Does QGIS support this use of ${os_cat} (and if so, what do I need to do
to make it work?) or do I have to replicate the rule with explicitly
named SVG files for all the different vegetation types?

David

--
David James
david at djames.org.uk