[Qgis-user] Problems with re-projection in QGIS>2.2 on MacOS

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Jul 1 11:23:18 PDT 2014

Hi Peter,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Peter Aldhous <peter at peteraldhous.com>
wrote:

>  Yes, on my system the problem also resolves on zooming - although I'd
> only use Robinson for a global view.
>
> However, I have no problem with Google Mercator.
>
> Would really like to know how to fix this!

Try turning off 'Simplify geometry' for the layer (in layer properties)
[0]. For new projects, not existing ones, the default behavior in QGIS 2.4
can now be controlled by a checkbox in Options -> Rendering (I think it's
the Rendering tab, not at a computer right now). Then, you can selectively
turn it on for layers where simplification would help speed up rendering.

[0] http://gis.stackexchange.com/a/100333/6725

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography