[Qgis-user] Recognition of QGIS feature funders

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 00:33:09 PDT 2014

Hi,

my personal point of view on this question.

I spent a lot of my personal time on qgis.
Of course I work for a Public Administration and we had spent some fund on qgis.
Not only qgis, but also geos, postgis, spatialite, gdal.
More or less on every of them.

The problem for us is to have a tracciability (hope this is the
correct english word) of fund.

And avoid that more PA pay the same think more time.
:)

This is a need because often the work is not completly isolated from to others.
Instead it is mix with the work of other funders.
And we like to avoid that the developer

- Please notice: this is a point of principle to ALL our work not only
to qgis. No reference to any qgis developer. -

could sell the same develop to more than one PA.
To avoid this we ask that the code will have a clear report of who
fund and of the name of project (the fund project)

This also help to certificate that the fund we declare to spent on
QGIS , we have spent the fund REALLY on QGIS and not in any other
thing.

Also, I guess who spent its own free time to work on qgis, could have
also it a really interest to have recognized its work
as a funder of qgis don't ?

So why don't report the funders , thinking to who work freely as a funders ?

my 2ct,

Andrea.