[Qgis-user] Recognition of QGIS feature funders

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 3 06:18:19 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I think a mention of the organization who funded a feature in the visual
changelog is a reasonable request. Not much work and a fair recognition
and "thank you" visible by many.

In the visual changelog you also list the sponsors at the very top - so
why not also mentioning the funding organization? If there are two or
three co-funding you can list them all.

I can see a positive effect by this that other organizations may also
think about funding a specific feature if they see that other
organizations do the same.

I don't think that many users are aware that more than half of QGIS
features would not exist if organizations or companies would not fund them.

I am with Nicolas and Oslandia on this request and I think that the
visual changelog is a good place to thank the funders.

Andreas