[Qgis-user] Recognition of QGIS feature funders

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 09:10:48 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I feel that we would have the exact same problem in Portugal. Public
entities will not be able to donate, because they must justify the spent
money with some direct need.

On the other hand, to convince a decision maker or politician that
investing in QGIS is (also) good for their image, without have a visible
place to advertise it, might be very difficult to achieve.

You probably have discussed this before, but how about consider Funding
organizations (or persons) as sponsors if the funded feature are of public
and generalized use? The amount of work could be quantified and a gold,
silver of bronze sponsor badge given in accordance with the same rules
applied.

If the feature is not considered of general use (a national or regional
specific feature or plugin) or if the estimated amount of work does not
reach the bronze sponsor value, then the changelog would be enough (Tho If
I were a decision maker I would prefer to see it in the QGIS main webpage).

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto