[Qgis-user] Recognition of QGIS feature funders - and developers?

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Fri Jul 4 00:07:12 PDT 2014

Hi,
I've been following this thread with great interest.

Whilst recognising the immense importance of financial funding, surely
there are quite a few developers out there that have added to Open
Source by giving their own time without receiving any remuneration
whatsoever.

I accept that it will be very difficult to measure one developer's
efforts against another, but surely they should get as much recognition
as the guys throwing money at this project?

Perhaps a "bar-counter" showing the number of source-code lines
contributed in the last "rolling 12 month" period - maybe for the top 10
contributors only?

Just a thought.
Regards to all,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za